It’s time to soak up the sunshine, make memories and discover new places! If you’re moving to Vero Beach and looking for fun things to do, or are a native and need to explore new things, we’re here to help you discover some of the best attractions, events and activities for you and the family- in your very own back yard!
The sun is shining, the kids are ready to play and we are giving you the best of the best with 9 family fun things to do in Vero Beach, Florida.
1. McKee Botanical Garden Connect with nature and stroll through the gardens at McKee Botanical Garden in Vero Beach. Hurry fast to check out their Lego exhibit, only available until May 7th or wait with anticipation for one of their amazing set-ups coming soon! And don’t forget to grab your Garden Discovery Backpack, full of educational and fun tools, to map your explorations out throughout the gardens.
2. Vero Beach Museum of Art Get creative and check out some art for a slow stroll through the Vero Beach Museum of Art. With new exhibits and programs always coming through, check their schedule for all of the new works of art to marvel at. And don’t forget about their KidZ ArtShops the last Saturday of every month to let your little ones get their creation on too!
Go fossil hunting and dig for the teeth of sharks, whales and even saber-toothed cats! Your kids will have a blast searching for fossils in the water, letting their imaginations run wild in the great outdoors!
4. Florida Airboat Rides Go air-boating through the marsh with this family-owned operation that could have you face to face with large birds of nature and even alligators in waiting. Enjoy the views and wind in your face as you explore the Florida marshlands with your family.
5. Environmental Learning Center Dolphin “Fun Facts”, nature walks, hands-on exhibits and pontoon excursions… what more could you ask for? The Environmental Learning Center has a little bit of everything for everyone and will leave you over-flowing with tidbits of knowledge and a love of all things wild! Stroll through the butterfly- attracting flower gardens or enjoy a canoe ride- the family fun is up to you!
6. Fun City If the weather isn’t playing nice, then head over to Fun City for all of your excitement needs! With laser tag, arcade games and bounce inflatables, Fun City is the perfect place to spend a rainy day.
7. River Boat Tours Enjoy a lazy cruise on a pontoon boat as you search for dolphins, manatees and other local, wild animals along the way. When you’re out on the water, you never know what you’ll see, so bring the binoculars and search away!
8. Royal Palm Pointe Splash Pad Splash around the fun and cool off without hitting the beach. At the Royal Palm Pointe Splash Pad your family can enjoy a packed lunch, dance in the fountains and enjoy the beautiful surrounding palms!
9. Sebastian Inlet State Park Head to Sebastian Inlet State Park for all of your family fun beach needs! From snorkeling and swimming to star gazing and camping at night, there is all day fun at this location! Pack a picnic, let the kids play on the playground, walk the nature trails or check out the historical sights. No matter what you choose to do, you can spend the whole day having fun with your family and enjoying the beautiful Florida weather!